Spring is here! Well officially it is here, although it would be much nicer if the temperature would get up to 60 degrees here in Tea, SD. While the temperature isn’t ideal yet, the spring does bring with it the need for spring cleaning.
Spring cleaning is a great opportunity to get you house and life in order for the rest of the year. This spring, don’t forget to clean and organize one of your most important possessions – your car! You rely on your automobile day in and day out, and a vehicle that you spend so much time in deserves to be clean as well.
But did you know that spring cleaning your car does more than make it look nice? Washing your car is actually a very important car maintenance service that you should be keeping up with! Cleaning your car actually improves its operation and helps keep it from needing more serious auto repair services in Tea, SD.
As you are washing your car this spring, keep in mind the following five tips for spring cleaning your car:
- Clean out the interior. Remove any heavy or excess cargo from your trunk and the inside of your automobile that has accumulated over the winter. Carrying extra weight in your car slows it down and uses up more gas.
- Use the right automotive cleaning products. While cleaning your car, make sure you wash both the interior and exterior with cleaning products specifically designed for cleaning automobiles. Using generic soaps can potentially damage your paintjob, leather seats and more.
- Don’t wash your car in direct sunlight. Washing your car in direct sunlight can cause spots to appear on your vehicle’s exterior. These spots not only look bad, they also can quickly wear down your paintjob.
- Scrub and rinse under your car. Don’t forget to give the undercarriage of your car a good scrubbing! Dirt and salt from the winter roads has built up and can damage or rust the important auto parts under your vehicle. Take your car, truck, SUV or minivan to an outdoor car wash that have soap brushes with long handles to help you reach under your automobile.
- Take time to inspect your vehicle. Visually lookover your vehicle to check for any suspicious cracks, dents or other signs of wear and tear. Also pay attention while driving, listening and feeling for any changes in the way your automobile drives. If you have any questions about something you see, feel or hear during your inspection, consult your trusted auto repair mechanic in Tea, SD. It’s always better to be safe, than sorry!
Using these five tips while you are spring cleaning your car will help get it ready for the coming months and keep it running its best! Keeping your car washed and clean throughout the year is important, and should added to your list of regular auto maintenance services. Happy spring!